If you are a member of a health fund, the Centre will conduct an eligibility check for you to establish your level of cover and any payable excess. It is the patient’s responsibility to disclose health fund details to the Centre.
Prior to your admission, it is important for you to check with your health fund regarding the following:
- Identify whether your level of health fund cover adequately covers the cost of your procedure and accommodation in the Centre.
- Identify whether an excess is payable for your admission, and if so, the amount.
- If you have been a member of your health fund for less than 12 months, and if your condition or any symptoms of your condition existed prior to your joining the health fund, your fund may not accept liability for the costs of your admission. If there is a question regarding pre-existing symptoms, your health fund has the right to obtain details in this regard from your GP, optometrist or specialist.
For uninsured patients or insured patients with either basic cover or an excess payable, accounts are to be paid on admission. Our admission staff will be in contact with you to inform you of any estimated costs.
Insured patients will be asked to sign a claim form and the Centre will then lodge a claim with your health fund on your behalf.
- We accept cash, bank cheque, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and EFTPOS.
- Bank cheques should be made payable to: Sight Foundation Theatre.
- We do not accept personal cheques.