Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Any important information or update that affects the operations of the Sight Foundation Theatre will be published on this page.
Safety is our utmost priority at the Sight Foundation Theatre.
Below is a summary of some of the heightened biosecurity measures we are implementing to keep our patients, doctors and staff safe:
- Adhering to any additional biosecurity measures implemented by Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital
- Pre-screening all patients and rescheduling at-risk patients
- Requiring at-risk staff to self-isolate and allowing cautious staff to stay home
- Requiring everyone entering the premises to use hand sanitiser
- Increasing frequency and vigilance of hand washing
- Removing reading material from reception
- Swabbing between uses of pens and other shared items
- Removing some chairs from the waiting room to increase social distancing
- Initiating patient drop-off and pick-up only: if you are the carer for a patient on operation day, you will be asked to leave the patient with our staff at reception and we will call you when they are ready to be collected – families and carers are not permitted in the waiting room at this time.
We look forward to welcoming you for your procedure and you can be confident in our highly experienced clinical team and rigorous infection control procedures.