Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Any important information or update that affects the operations of the Sight Foundation Theatre will be published on this page.
The Sight Foundation Theatre is currently operating under normal procedures; apart from the additional biosecurity measures outlined below, addtional COVID restrictions are not currently in effect.
Safety is our utmost priority at the Sight Foundation Theatre.
Below is a summary of some of the heightened biosecurity measures we are implementing to keep our patients, doctors and staff safe:
- All our staff have undergone specialised COVID-19 infection control training
- We adhere to additional biosecurity measures implemented by Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital
- We have implemented QR codes for tracking visitors
- We screen all patients before their procedure and anyone unwell is rescheduled
- Any of our staff considered at-risk are required to self-isolate and undergo a COVID-19 screening test
- Everyone entering our premises is required to to use hand sanitiser
- We enforce vigilant hand hygiene protocols and conduct regular staff education
- Public areas are cleaned and disinfected more regularly
- Reading material has been removed from reception and is being replaced by wall screens
- Pens and other shared items are disinfected between uses
- Separation between patients has been increased via staggered arrival times and physical distancing in clinical areas
- Patient drop-off and pick-up only is in place: if you are the carer for a patient on operation day, you will be asked to leave the patient with our staff at reception and to wait outside the building; we will call you when the patient is ready to be collected – families and carers are not permitted to remain in the waiting room at this time.
We look forward to welcoming you for your procedure.
You can be confident in our experienced and caring clinical team and rigorous infection control procedures.