Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Any important information or update that affects the operations of the Sight Foundation Theatre will be published on this page.
The Sight Foundation Theatre will reopen from Monday 27 April 2020 at 25% capacity, according to the latest advice and announcements from the Federal Government.
Safety is our utmost priority at the Sight Foundation Theatre.
Below is a summary of some of the heightened biosecurity measures we are implementing to keep our patients, doctors and staff safe:
- Adhering to any additional biosecurity measures implemented by Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital
- Pre-screening all patients and rescheduling at-risk patients
- Requiring at-risk staff to self-isolate and allowing cautious staff to stay home
- Requiring everyone entering the premises to use hand sanitiser
- Increasing frequency and vigilance of hand washing
- Removing reading material from reception
- Swabbing between uses of pens and other shared items
- Patient drop-off and pick-up only: if you are the carer for a patient on operation day, you will be asked to leave the patient with our staff at reception and to wait outside the building; we will call you when the patient is ready to be collected – families and carers are not permitted in the waiting room at this time.
We look forward to welcoming you for your procedure.
You can be confident in our experienced and caring clinical team and rigorous infection control procedures.